Thursday, May 26, 2005

Bang! First Post.

That's right. I just started this blog with a bang. Get ready to rock. Shul of Rock is more than a blog - it's an attitude. A little history lesson for you; The word shul is middle German for 'school', a place of learning. It is now commonly used as another word for synagogue (which is in itself Greek). In Hebrew, a shul is known as a beit ha'knesset, or house of congregation. It's a place to come together, and a place to learn. A community springs from it, and is strengthened by it. This blog's mission is to bring the world something it is sorely lacking - what that is, I do not quite know, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I have a feeling it includes humour, politics, pop culture, and news, all wrapped up in some rock and roll attitude. Welcome to the Shul of Rock. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Special thanks to Samantha Israel for introducing me to blogging.
Congrats to Dave for being the first visitor!

shul_banner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved