Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Smell of Home

Ugly jacket (not mine)

I've been living in Israel for two months so far, working on an MA degree. It got chilly tonight, so I pulled out an old plaid jacket which usually stays stuffed in the back of my closet. It's ugly, but incredibly warm - a redeeming quality for some jackets as well as some people.

It hadn't been worn since it was washed two months ago in Toronto, and the second I put it on, I could smell home. It still had the scent of the detergent I used back in Toronto, and I was struck by a wall of thoughts and memories which took me back to the family and friends I left behind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

if you come home, you can smell all of your clothes!

They are waiting in your closet.
MOM

7:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved