Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hot Dog!

Noam and I decided to embark on an adventure last week. This is a short, heartwarming tale about hot dogs. Here goes:

It isn’t always easy to find food on campus that meets the dietary needs of Noam and myself. Hillel has a weekly BBQ, and a Chicken Wings night, plus the occasional pizza thing, but last Wednesday, Noam and I wanted a full meal.

I had heard a rumour about a secret underground cafeteria in the local Mount Sinai Hospital. We ventured forth.

After braving the harsh Canadian winds, the hungry heroes of this tale spun through some zany revolving doors. We found ourselves in the main foyer, but where were we to go from here?

After ducking down some stairs, we snaked through the catacombs, ever fearful that we would accidentally stumble into the morgue. We wandered past the radiation therapy labs, and a staff room, and VOILA! The unmarked, hidden cafeteria lay before us!

Inside, we were treated to beef hot dogs (with all the fixings, including mustard!), all on toasty Hermes buns. I also had a potato latke, while Noam had a soup. The meal was delicious, and we still had enough time to make it back to class.

I know, I know – you are white-knuckled, at the edge of your seat with excitement. I hope this story didn’t thrill you too much. I know, it was pretty intense, but you’ve got to get a hold of yourself! Relax! Take a deep breath. Have a hot dog. You’ll be OK.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel the fat pouring off the hot dog and onto the latkes.Well, if it is really unhealthy you're in the right place if you get sick.
Kosher decadence clearly is not necessarily good for you!

Enjoy

Avi's mom, Judy

2:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved