Friday, August 12, 2005

I love my mustard!

I love mustard. The smell. The taste. The texture. There is no experience on this earth comparable to slathering mustard all over an edible object and devouring it. Ketchup just doesn’t come close. Relish does not hold up either. I love the yellow stuff.

It all started when I was a kid. Before discovering the joys of the yellow condiment, I was a ketchup junkie. Those were the dark times known as my pre-mustard days (PMD). It took some time, but I eventually weaned myself off of tomato paste and embraced the cream of the mustard seed. That yellow concoction of near ambrosia-like sustenance. The condiment of the gods.

The great thing about mustard is that it truly goes with anything. While ketchup is sweet, mustard has that tangy kick you just don’t find anywhere else. It can go on meat, fries, bread, pretzels, veggie patties, tofu burgers, and ex-wives. You just don’t find that kind of compatibility anywhere else.

While some stick to only one condiment their whole lives, others combine the holy trinity (ketchup, mustard, and relish). The choice is up to you.

Whatever you do decide to do though, keep an open mind when it comes to mustard. Whether it is grey poupon, hot, Coney Island style, Chinese, or plain, enjoy that yummy mustard love. Mmmm, mustard.

This post has been paid for by the Mustard Association of America.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avi...you rock!!!
Your articles are very inspiring and thought provoking ...especially the one about mustard.
I'm a mayonaise fan myself.
Ever try mayonaise and french fries? It's scrumpdelicious.
Anyways, keep up the good work and keep on rocking.

4:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange concept to me, that whole mayo with fries thing. Therein lies the factor of choice though. I happen to enjoy having tartar sauce on, both, my fish and my chips when having said dish.

I actually want to try poutine. Unfortunately, it's kind of impossible for me to have real poutine and say I still keep kosher, since real gravy is from meat.

Ah, well. Such are the limitations of the lifestyle which I have chosen.

6:53 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Thanks Carole! I'm really glad you are liking what you see. Mayonaise? I only like that mixed in with my tuna. I also enjoy adding mustard to the mix, but you probably already knew that.

Another strange combination I like is pretzels and peanut butter. I could sit for hours and just dip away.

Keep Rocking!

1:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still don't understand celery and peanut butter. So I don't think I'll be going over the other things.

5:26 am  
Blogger Avi said...

Oh wow! I haven't done the PB and celery thing in ages! Man, you just made me hungry.

7:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved