Monday, February 12, 2007

Downtown Sabbath Boogie

I got back last night from a fun-filled Shabbat (Sabbath) in downtown Toronto. A special shout-out to Noam and Tamara for being such awesome housemates.

The Hillel at the University of Toronto/ Hillel at Ryerson University joint IsraelFest dinner was a lot of fun, and just like that title, it was a mouthful.

Bouncing over to the Anshei Minsk synagogue in Chinatown (formerly Jewtown) was a great. While we were crossing College street we shared a stare with Rush lead singer Geddy Lee as he rode a bicycle Eastward. Mr. Lee (or Weinrib), if you read this, drop a comment and say hi!

Rabbi Spiro at the Minsk was as friendly and generous as always. He fed us well, and I continue to salivate when I think about the hot cholent. So tasty!

As a special treat, here is the latest music video from Canadian hit super-band, Broken Social Scene. Why this video? Well, it features a great cameo appearance by none other than Geddy Lee!
Enjoy.



3 Comments:

Blogger oboehobo said...

sweet video! keep the blogs comin

7:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you know it was him? Not that I doubt your celebrity seeking skills man, I'm just asking.

8:44 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

(I have to retype because my text was deleted, dang-it)

Thanks Ms. Hobo!

I just knew it was him Snoops - I did a double take and stared for a solid 5 seconds in order to confirm his ID. He looked back at me a little weirded out, and then the Toronto native zipped off when the light changed. His face, his hair, his glasses, his city. I just know it was the Lee!

1:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved