Sunday, June 18, 2006

Spam Sucks!



I just checked an old e-mail account that I hardly ever use anymore. It had 273 new e-mails waiting for me - and most were spam. But not just any kind of spam - I'm talkin' weird spam that makes a creepy attempt to appeal to my sensibilities as a human being. It tries to be friendly. Here's a sampling:

How is everything with you and the family. Hope all is well. Just wanted todrop a line and see if you heard about the craze in losing weight. If not here it is (omitted) - Byron

I just heard from Bert and he looks completely different than he looked acouple mos (sic) ago. He said these guys (omitted) - Bert (another Bert, I guess)

Pedro wanted to me to send you an email about the site I went to purchase mystuff (omitted) - Angie

It has been awhile huh, hope everything with you is going well. How is work going also? I've just started with this new firm, (omitted). Give me ur thoughts. - Dudley

Hey there, buddy. I heard you were looking for some new knives. I've got some really sharp ones, and they are top quality. Check out my site at (omitted). Speak to you soon. - Noam

OK, one of those was fake - added as a joke - the rest were actually copied and pasted from my spam box. Darned spam!

LINKS:
Fight Spam

Spam Laws

Canada's Task Force on Spam

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Pedro-Angie one is the fake. All the others look like your typical pathetic spams that no one wants, but the people sending them are delusional enough to believe there are sickos other than themselves interested...

8:25 am  
Blogger Avi said...

That's harsh, yo!

8:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-p

12:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved