Thursday, September 06, 2007

My granddaughter...


Earlier this afternoon, I was riding the Steeles bus home after a day of work. As the vehicle neared Bathurst, an elderly man approached me. We had a brief, unexpected exchange, and we went our separate ways. He tried to set me up with his granddaughter.

He thought I seemed like a nice enough Yid, and he cautiously opened my hand and pressed a business card into it.

“I’m a zaide, and I want that you should meet my granddaughter.”

I was dumbfounded and disturbed and slightly flattered. I responded by thanking him, while gently declining his offer. “I’m not looking to get married right now. I’m kind of young. Thanks though.”

He was adamant that I give him a call. He stepped off the bus and walked away.

I have the business card, but I’m not going to call him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have similar stories now! Hehe. Crazy zaides.

9:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved