Friday, March 28, 2008

Great Conference!

MK Benjamin Netenyahu addresses the conference

I've only been at my internship for a few days, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm working on a bunch of great research projects, some on my own, and others that I picked up from previous researchers. I'm making a presentation next week on an Egyptian imam.

I had the pleasure of attending a fantastic conference yesterday, which was co-hosted by my employer. The amazing array of speakers included Israel's vice-Prime Minister, Tzipi Livni, and former Prime Minister Benyamin Netenyahu. Canada's former justice minister Irwin Cotler delivered a powerful address regarding the United Nations.

The influential people in the room added to the event. After a speaker criticized the European Union for funding anti-Israel groups, the Ambassador from Slovenia (current EU presidency holder) stood to deliver a response.

The conference was held at the David Citadel hotel.

The complete program can be downloaded here.


Some JCPA interns

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that neup of speakers are exactly who I heard speak at the UJC GA in LA last year
doesnt olmert sound like a wet spinge beside Bibi?

12:57 am  
Blogger Avi said...

I'm afraid I've never had the pleasure of hearing PM Olmert speak.

8:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved