Friday, February 05, 2010

My First White Hair

The long one in the middle.
The ones at the top are just reflecting light.

I woke up this morning and was in the bathroom washing my face. I looked up at the mirror in front of me and was shocked to discover a few white hairs on the side of my not yet twenty-five year old head. "That's what Israel does to you" my roommate informed me shortly after I burst into his room to deliver the news.

It sounds so trivial, but I see it as a milestone and a wakeup call. I'm not getting any younger, and I need to get my priorities straight, stop procrastinating, and accomplish what I want to do in life. I started that process a while ago, but now I know it is time to stop dreaming and start doing - more than ever before.

My (incredible) grandfathers both had white hair in their later years. I guess my genes are programmed to skip grey and go straight to white too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved