Friday, November 25, 2005

Arts and Culture Retreat


A city-wide Arts and Culture Retreat, brought to you by Hillel of Greater Toronto! Here's the poster. It features our regular reader Snoopy, in an image that I snapped three years ago.

We are expecting about 25 people - maybe even more. Members of the York University acapella team Kol Neshama will be there, as will U of T's The Varsity Jews. Workshops will be run by our casual SoR reader, Noam, as well as myself, Rachel Mallach of The Varsity Jews, and Dan Abramson.

One-time commenter Ben-Zi has blown $200 of Hillel's money on booze and junk food. We'll be sharing the facilities (but not the booze) with York's Jewish Education department. it promises to be one helluva time.

Check back in a little while for pictures.

Registration is pretty full, so give it up. At $60 for two nights accomodation, programming, food, and transportation, this is the sweetest deal you'll ever set your eyes on.

Thank you to the U of T Arts and Culture committee for helping make this event a reality. That includes a big shout-out to Dan, the wizard behind the curtain.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some pretty crazy stuff right there.

Well, it's nice to see that people ask me permission to do things with my image before they actually do anything. I mean, what my opinion matter anyway, right? Huh! Well!?!

Hehe, seriously though, that's pretty cool stuff. Did these actually go out at UofT and York?

Kinda sucks that I couldn't be there to hang out with everyone, yet again. One of those things about being in Israel, or anywhere else overseas, for the year. Inevitabley, you're gonna miss out.

Oh, I also realize that I promised to keep up to date with my posting of my journal, and I apologize for that. Last time I was in Haifa, at my cousin's for Succot, I didn't get to finish my major update. I think I'm going to have to split it into parts since I won't be able to finish it when I'm there, again, this week. I'm going to try though, and there are pictures (already uploaded from when I started writing that post). Hold on a bit more and the post(s) shall come.

1:43 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Hey Joey and Eli!

I'm looking forward to seeing you chaps next month. Oh yes. I'm scheduled to come to Yisrael.

Joey, I heard that you are not happy being a tanker...well - chin up, boy! You can always request a transfer later, right? It's just like Noam said, you are now driving tha batmobile. That makes you Batman. Good luck getting them bad guys.

Eli, I used your pic because I 100% knew that you wouldn't mind. The image was never actually used anywhere, but it was originally destined to be on the Hillel site. Since registration filled up SO fast, there was no need to advertise. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and seeing your pics.

Coming soon: Pictures and video from the retreat weekend.

7:23 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Hi Unitam,

Just curious: How'd you find this blog?

10:21 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Are you going to get to drive the Mk. 3? That'd be awesome! Or as they say in your country, 'sababa!'. Sorry about perpetuating the (false) rumour that you were displeased w/ being a tanker. It was the fault of 'broken telephone syndrome'. From now on, I'm going to get all my info from you first-hand.

Hey Unitam, I feel the same way about that picture! I should make a black and white version, print it out on old newsprint, and slip it into some random historian's file cabinet. Maybe it'll show up in a history book. Then we'll all be able to have a real good laugh.

Then again, maybe we shouldn't be revising history. That's generally a Palestinian thing - Oh! Snap!
I am loving this 'freedom of speech' thing. Long live the internet.

11:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved