Friday, October 07, 2005

Benji writes in from B.C.

oldflashmcgee
In this explosive blog entry, Benjamin Israel writes in from beautiful B.C. Benji has been a Shul of Rock fan from day one, and he has penned this exclusive report from his homebase in Vancouver, where he is attending school. Be warned; His writing style is not for the faint of heart. As Ben would say: "Muahahahahah!"

The Lonesome Couver in the City of Van

My back leans against my wall as my tuchos is against the bed. My fingers tick away at this keyboard. My thoughts turn to Israel.... wait hold it. What? Okay let's start that again.

It's alive, it's aliiiiive MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hey everybody, I'm in Vancouver now. It's pretty awesome. The weather here is pretty decent and it's not going to get worse.... while most of you freeze yo buns off... I'm gonna be enjoyin' a nice drizzle fo shizzle. Guys, I can't explain how sweet this school is. Film school rocks. We have a bunch of classes that sound really weird but are actually cool. Like my favourite one, audition techniques, where we learn how to act in front of a camera and not really the techniques of auditioning.... but it's cool.

I don't have many problems with this place... except that the best kosher restaurant is the JCC here. There is no kosher food in this friggin city. From my count there are 4 kosher restaurants/groceries. That's right, the restaurant is also the grocery store. The kosher pizza place doesn't use a pizza oven... I haven't been there but I've been warned away from it.

I'm not very keen on writing these things, but hey, I owe it to my loyal fans to write something. Muhahahahah.

I had to do a project telling my class "Who I am" and what makes me tick. I had to throw something together so I grabbed some screen shots from Memories and Memories 2 and put those up. The class now knows, Avi, Sophia, Moe, Eli, Joey, and Noam (They love that you give the finger to everyone). Then afterwards I played Memories 2 (The first one wouldn't run for some reason) and they also now know Mr. T, who was described as one of the cutest people ever dancing with the clothes in the store. (Dude a girl in my class thinks you're cute... and she's hot... come to Vancouver and show her the Doctor of Love).

I am seeing more Israelis here than I did in Toronto, which is really weird because there are so few here and so many there. I was on my phone today yelling at Adam (A friend of mine if you don't know) in Hebrew and some car pulled up rolled down the window and the driver said, "Lama ata zoek?" which I thought was so cool. I also met the nephew of Eyal Golan, he lives here.

*Thinks of a funny story but decides not to include it.*

Anyway everyone, it's 1:30 a.m. now and I'm up in a few hours. I miss you guys like CRAZY and I wish I could write more, but I can't. I'll write more soon.

I'll close off with something my teacher says in class sometimes.

"Ooh yah chi chi boo chu nya meh, waddai oh oh. Oh ya chi chi boo chu nya meh waddai oh cha. Waddai oh oh nya meh waddai oh oh. Oh ya chi chi boo chu nya meh waddai oh cha."

I'd tell you what that meant if I knew, it's some greeting song from some country of some sorts, but meh.

Anyhow, I shall take my leave of you for now. Muahahahahah.
Keep it real,
Benjito

10 Comments:

Blogger Avi said...

I couldn't find many pics of Ben, so I used that shot of Old Flash McGee from an older post.

5:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see Benji's enjoying himself too.

And that was most definately an interesting pic to use.

Also, I feel so honoured that he used my video in class. That's very cool. And I guess, for Barry's sake, it was a good thing I reused that clip of him dancing with the clothes.

Cool stuff all around.

10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey benji!! I miss you and it sounds like you are having such an awesome time!
And I was included in the post which makes it more great...but come back to T dot soon so we can see you!!
and send more posts.

8:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!
Glad to see things are going well Benjito! Keep writing...Hey, this blog thing is pretty good for keeping everyone together...

9:46 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

That's the idea (Well, one of them).

11:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see it's working so well. I'm going to be in Haifa after Yom Kippur, so I'm probably going to update my journal again, with pictures this time.
Hope everybody has a good fast.

Word verification. Hmm. Good idea.

7:45 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your new pics! Yeah, I held off on word verification for a while (it's optional), but I finally caved in when I started having to delete a bunch of spam posts. Moe, for the millionth time, I DON'T WANT YOUR DISCOUNT DRUGS!! Oy, What a hustler.

10:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do moe!! we'll meet in the back alleyway behind my place downtown. Thats the perfect spot to sell and do drugs! especially discounted ones..lol. And of course my roomies wish to meet you as you already know.

2:54 am  
Blogger sam-i-am said...

best. post. ever.

6:20 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

I sense some bias.

11:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved