Monday, September 19, 2005

Doctor Love's Advice Column #2


The Doctor is back with more advice for all you lovelorn, confused, and curious out there. He has also returned to entertain all of you that get a kick out of his unique sense of humour and distinct opinions. *ding* Round Two has begun.

Some of these questions were culled from random locations spread out across the internet. Others were sent in by readers. In the future, if you have an anonymous question for Doc Love, just send it via Mr. T at the address listed near the bottom of this page. Please be advised that Dr. Love is not a licensed professional and his advice is mainly intended for entertainment purposes only. If you manage to get anything else out of it – well, good for you.


Don't knock the nachos

Hi,
Asked this guy out a month ago. I was really scared to do it but I did it. Well, he called back and left a message saying he was seeing someone else. I thought, well okay now I know. Forgot all about it...so I thought. He came into the store I worked at and caught me by surprise! I thought my legs were going to give out and feeling like I couldn't talk. He came through the drive thru another time and I knocked the nacho containers over! Also I have been having dreams about him.The question I have is will I ever get over this guy? I'm not sad about it and I'm not crying about it either but it is rather confusing.

- Angelglow


Doctor Love answers:


Dear Angelglow,

The second you meet another guy you won’t even know who this guy was. You just have to keep your eyes open and keep playing the field. And watch out for the nacho containers!

Wipe that smile off your face!

When you smile at a random woman out in public, what type of smile do you give her? A big wide one? A smirk? Somewhere in between?What has worked the best for you?

- Tony Touch

Doctor Love answers:


Dear Mr. Touch,

I am not sure I understand the question. Let me get one thing straight I do give people advice on how to pick up girls. If you need help getting girls, firstly you need a real psychiatrist because you obviously have self-esteem issues and secondly, take 90 minutes out of your day and go watch the movie “Hitch” it will teach you a lot about ladies. As for your question “What has worked the best for you” When I smile at a girl I smile for 2 reasons 1) I brushed my teeth and am proud! And 2) Smiling to be friendly because I am in a good jolly mood and believe it or not just flat out happy. I don’t work on my smile. I just give a normal typical smile. Seriously speaking, if you have an agenda behind your smile then please call an expert right away and get the help you need. Please note I will not treat you if your questions are as pathetic and juvenile as this one.

Where the ladies at?

Ok, let's face. I go to a bar/club and I see nothing but scantily clad women drinking and just looking for a good time.I really don't know where I can find a good woman. I am trying online personal sites. I am emailing different women and I am just wondering how you go about talking to someone online and meeting them.I need tips, secrets, hints....anything at all. Online dating is definitely a heck of a lot different than face to face. If anyone can give any tips on how to effectively meet someone...let me know. Thanks.

- BrnxBmbr


Doctor Love answers:


Dear BrnxBmbr,

That is a very good question. You are asking it all wrong. It’s not where to find girls its where NOT to find them and I’ll explain why. When man goes looking for something he never finds it, it can be a remote, keys, girls etc. It is only when man isn’t looking is when it turned up. You have to change your approach. I go to bars/clubs sometimes but when I go I am going for the music, drinks and to be with friends or even a guy’s night out. If anything else happens i.e. find 20.00 on the ground or meet someone I consider it a bonus. The problem you seem to be having is you are putting to much emphasis on the opposite sex and when it doesn’t happen you feel let down. Don’t put so much pressure on yourself and just have fun. If you want to meet girls that badly then just continue to go out because you won’t find any at home.

For www.shulofrock.blogspot.com I’m Dr. Love

Don't worry Dan the Man! The answer for your question is coming up!

Previous Dr. Love Columns:
Dr. Love #1

4 Comments:

Blogger Avi said...

Check your e-mail if you haven't already. A heartfelt, panicky message awaits you.

7:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey, I really hope that's a joke.

In other news, good column Dr. Love. Also, Avi, if you want, my latest post is up on my journal, I recommend you check it out. I've already got some more crazy stories to poast, but I'm saving them for the next one.

10:22 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Joey and Snoopy, I intend to call you both ASAP. I need to buy a calling card this week, so I'm gonna make a mad dash to China Town between classes in search of one. If either of you can recommend a place in Toronto for phone cards, lemme know! Snoopy (et al), Joey was not shot by a bullet! His neck was burned by a bullet casing.

1:18 am  
Blogger Avi said...

I didn't say that you were lying! you are the quintessence of truth! I was merely reassuring people that love you that you didn't suffer a punctured throat, but instead some really bad burns. We all hope the scarring isn't too bad, and that you come out of it OK. No need to categorically deny that which was not insinuated! Feel better, and don't worry, Doc Love will be answering your question soon.

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved