Friday, August 26, 2005

The Canadian National Exhibition

blog_parade
(Fire Services Parade @ the CNE)

The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) is Canada's biggest annual outdoor fair/festival event. It is also the fourth largest outdoor fair in North America. This year it is celebrating its 126th anniversary, and Sophia and I were there to see it all unfold. I've been going to 'The Ex' since I was a little kid, and I hope to maintain that tradition even as I grow older and the allure of petting zoos and acrobats begins to lose its appeal. Here is a collection of select pics from yesterday's festivities.

blog_dancers
Dancers strut their stuff in the international pavillion.

blog_bikejumper
A bike jumper takes a leap of faith.

blog_soph
Sophia is UV protected outside the Food Building.

blog_girl
A child feeds ducklings at the petting zoo.

blog_bikerstrength
This biker climbs a ramp using just the back wheel. It took him three tries, but he did it.

blog_goat
"Feed me!"

blog_rock
This guy is a rock stacking genius!

blog_bikejump
Look Ma, no hands.

blog_biker
I want to see this guy jump a ramp on his bike.

blog_kilts
Insert your own funny description here.

blog_couple
Soph and I had a lot of fun at the CNE. It's still on until Sept 2nd.

blog_wheel
Just like the sign says; Giant Wheel.

Hey Shul of Rock readers, guess what? Dr. Love finally finished his homework and his first advice column will be up VERY soon. I hope it is worth the wait! Also, I'm going to be dropping you the 411 on one of Toronto's most famous hobos! And I'm not talking about Joey Lightstone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved