Thursday, August 25, 2005

Kudos to Smith and Soph


(Jay and Silent Bob, Canadian style)

Kevin Smith is one helluva guy. He is one of the busiest people in showbiz, constantly writing, directing, and starring in movies, all while penning comic books and blogging about his zany life. On top of all that, he always makes time for his fans. He knows they are the ones buying the tickets, comics, and merch, but it goes beyond all that. He genuinely cares. Last night, after shooting some scenes with Jason Mewes and the Degrassi kids, he took the time to briefly chat with Sophia. He gave her an autograph (pictured below), and discussed his upcoming masterpiece, Clerks 2: The Passion of the Clerks.

Sophia, being a class act unto herself, insisted on giving the autograph to me. Thank you to Kevin Smith and Sophia for both being really generous individuals with a soft spot for comic book geeks*.

* (I'm referring to myself, NOT Sophia. She could not be a comic geek if her life depended on it)

COMIC SALE ALERT:

If you are in the Toronto area, head over to 'The Wizard' at Centrepoint Mall (Yonge and Steeles). All the bin comics are $2.00 - There are a lot of hidden treasures there. Otherwise, don't go there. Cyber City Comix near Steeles and Bathurst is the place you should regularly be bringing your dough. Great deals, great staff, great store. That said, if you are in either Westwood CA or Red Bank NJ, head over to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash.

Hey NewsAskew readers! Bookmark this blog and keep comin' back for more. Shul of Rock kicks ass, and you know it.

Snoogans.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know I rock...what can I say? I'm a regular sweetheart. :)
enjoy the autograph.

6:51 am  
Blogger Avi said...

You are not a regular sweetheart - you are an extraordinary one.

6:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The two of you give me butterflies, but not in my stomach, in my heart!
Somebody once said that love can sometimes be magic, but magic can sometimes be an Illusion!..go figure.
My Doctor once told me that love is like a sickness and a cure at the same time...I think he was on his third wife at the time.
P.S. Don't mind me..I'm a love affectionado.
Have a great Shabbat!

1:26 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Thanks Carole, that's very sweet of you to say. Have a great Shabbat!
btw, why don't you introduce yourself to the other Shul of Rockers and let us know the basics about you - we'd like to get to know you better.

8:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey carole!
you should definitely introduce yourself. where you from and all that?? and how did you find out about shul of rock?
hear from you soon.

10:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shalom Toronto! Hehe, Toronto jokes.

Anywho! I haven't officially left yet (cuz that would be happening tomorrow), but I'll still post my comments on here when I can. Like this for instance: Soph, a class act to the end.

That was pretty cool stuff, meeting Smith and all. Shame I wasn't there. At least I got to see the auto up close and in person. That'll probably be the closest I ever get to seeing Smith himself, hehe. Ah well.

It's nice when creative guys like that are nice too. Props to Kevin Smith for being such a stand up guy.

7:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved