Monday, August 29, 2005

Dr. Love is ready to operate


Ladies and gentlemen, Avi and Mr. T are pleased to present the first installment of the Dr. Love Advice Column. Dr. Love is the alter ego of Mr. T (Barry Tabacznik). You can find him in dance clubs, alleyways, gas station bathrooms, and his private practice, conveniently located in the penthouse suite of the Love tower in downtown Kissimmee, Florida. He is instantly recognizable by his trademark silk heart suit, sunglasses, gelled hair, and snappy wit. If you have a question, the Doctor has the answer.

The following three questions were culled from random locations spread out across the internet. In the future, if you have an anonymous question for Doc Love, just send it via Mr. T at the address listed near the bottom of this page. Please be advised that Dr. Love is not a licensed professional and his advice is mainly intended for entertainment purposes only. If you manage to get anything else out of it – well, good for you. Now let the Love begin!


Do guys ever play hard to get?

This guy said that he liked me, but I’m still not sure. I mean sometimes he calls me 'just to talk' and then I won’t hear from him for like 2 weeks. He asked me to tell him when I was working so he could come visit me, so I told him, but he never came. He mentioned all these things we could do together, but hasn’t asked me out to do any of them yet. It just seems like as soon as I start to forget about him, he calls or says something that makes me get interested again. Like he's just trying to string me along until he's ready. Does this seem like he's just playing games? Maybe he like the whole game of it and wants to play it for a little while? But if a guy likes a girl, don’t they usually want to talk to them and ask them out? I didn’t think guys played hard to get...enlighten me please...

- Anonymous


Doctor Love Answers:

Dear anonymous,
The game has begun. This guy does not care about you he simply the puppeteer making you dance for his pleasure. My instincts right away tell me that this guy is in on it with his friends or you are simply part of a bet. The guy obviously has major self-esteem issues and is doing this to make himself feel good. It is time you tell this creep that the game is over and you do not want him calling anymore. Once he realizes the puppet is turning on him he will then look deep inside and see if he truly has feelings or if he does care and is willing to put the board game away and come back to reality. At this time you now have the strings and can decide if you want to give this guy a chance. Otherwise you should move on and find a real man who doesn’t need to play games.


Silent Night

Hello, I was just wondering what all of you guys do to avoid first date silent periods. Like after you've asked all the normal get to know you questions, what else do you do? And how bad of a sign do you think it is if there are some 'silent' moments? Is this a normal thing?

- ShannonC_77


Doctor Love Answers:

Dear Ms. 77,
You won’t believe how often I get asked that question! I tell all my patients that if they are concerned about silent periods on a first date, or S.P. as I like to say, just make the destination of your first date somewhere that will not happen. For instance going to the movie is the perfect place for a first date. You watch the movie and after your conversation is taken care of for the night as you can talk about the movie; What you liked and what you didn’t like. And hey! If the date does not work out at least it was not a complete waste of time as you got a movie out of it. Now if you go somewhere to “talk” and there is a S.P. just be yourself and do something you would normally do. Some people say “When in Rome” others say “Aaand Dessert”. The important thing is that you are yourself and the guy sees you for who you really are. And if a S.P. comes up don’t be alarmed believe it or not he still can be the one. You should still keep that wedding dress on hold at Barney’s. All it means is that your conversation topic has come to an end and you just start a new one. Just remember that when the conversation is on its last legs it’s dessert time or it is time to think about being in Rome.

Permanent Vacation

I don’t know what to do. I found messages to and from my bf on this message board thing from these 2 girls and they equally were calling each other baby and sweetie and hearts and "mwa's" all over. i also found out he hung out with the one girl when he was on vacation, but he swears nothing happened and they weren’t even alone they were all in a group and he didn’t tell me at first cuz he knew I’d freak. But we fought about it and I thought about it and he promised he would stop with the messages (he used to be that way w. these "girl" friends before me and he admitted it was wrong of him to continue talking to them like that.) I am in the process of forgiving him and letting him show me I can trust him again. What else can I do?

- confused

Doctor Love Answers:

Dear confused,
It is obvious to me that your boyfriend was doing more then sightseeing on his vacation. He obviously does not appreciate you if he cheated on you before chances are he will do it again. Seeing how your man is showing other ladies his main attraction it is clear that he is just stringing you along. My Prescription: dump this guy before he hurts you again because by being with him you are just hurting yourself. And never will you have an honest relationship nor will you be able to trust him. If he wants to show other ladies his tourist attraction then you should tell him your vacation is spot is closed and have him deported.

For www.shulofrock.blogspot.com I’m Dr. Love

Coming soon: Toronto's most notorious hobo.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. I want to see some more

10:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool column man. Can't wait to see your answers for ones people specifically send to you.

What was the whole dessert thing about though? "Aaand Dessert"? Don't get it.

12:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...oh snoopy. Its an Israel thing. You wouldn't understand...but yeah Dr. Love... I really really enjoyed the blog post. It was great to finally hear a guy's response to these questions. Cause to be honest...guys are confusing creatures and one can never really know whats on their mind. I hope to find out more and hope there are more posts to come on Dr. Love's column.
But in my opinion..movie as a first date is a bad idea. You just don't get to know the person as well as you would like. Awkward pauses are fun because it just goes to show most of the time that both are nervous and a little uneasy..but that you like each other. unless its the other way around and the pauses are because you have nothing to talk about and you can't stand each other and both want the date to end...oh well. same difference.

8:48 am  
Blogger Avi said...

"Akward silence!"

"No! We just want to sleep!"

7:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. best comment ever avi. such great times!! I will always remember that night.

8:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Love;
I have a problem. My girlfriend wants me to move in with her....that's not the problem.
The problem is that she's allergic to molds, ragweed, and dog hair.
I happen to have a French Poodle by the name of Puddles whom I love very much.
Somebody once said that a dog is a man's best friend. Well I consider my girlfriend to be my best friend and Puddles a close second.
My girlfriend wants me to either get rid of the dog or try shaving all its hair. I spoke to my Vet and he said shaving Puddles hair isn't a good idea because Puddles would be more prone to catching colds plus the fact that he wouldn't look that great afterwards.
I feel like I'm in the doghouse {pardon the pun}.
What should I do???
Distraught but still in love.

1:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the answer to that one.

9:57 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Dr. Love is working up answers to a bunch of questions, including Dan the Man's. Keep reading S of R, cause it's coming soon.

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved