Friday, February 17, 2006

Every picture has a story

IMG_8264
Some dried flowers on my grandmother's bathroom wall

We haven't seen a full-out photo blog post in a while, so this ought to tide you all over for now. I've had a bit of a backlog of pictures, so here is a mixed bag for your enjoyment. Below each image, you will find some identifying text. Still on the menu: Pictures of Joey and Eli (Snoopy) in Israel! Those shots are just around the corner... Really.


IMG_8338
We had a short blackout tonight (Feb 16th), so I broke out a glowstick and got jiggy with it.

IMG_8272
from left to right: Muslim, Atheist, Jew, and Christian - This was the interfaith panel, as part of the final round of "Know Radical Islam" programming. There was some great dialogue. Unfortunately, I had to cut out early.

IMG_7780
Noam brought the ham to this year's Hillel Latke Cook-Off. He was the MC.

IMG_7850
Coby and Soph on Boxing Day. Joey and Eli never showed!

IMG_8254
My father found his old 8mm projector. We got a real kick out of projecting family movies from the 1960s on a bathroom wall.

IMG_7796
Shaby at the latke cook-off. Her yam latkes were really tasty.

IMG_7844
While everyone believed that Benji was still in B.C, Ben and I prepared a box to pack him into. Later that night, as everyone gathered to hang out before Boxing Day, a box showed up on the doorstep. Ben burst out, scaring the crap out of everyone. The looks on Moe and Sophia's faces were especially priceless. I believe Noam fell backwards over a couch.

IMG_8238
A protest was held outside of Robarts Library last week. Shul of Rock was there.

IMG_8239
My feet are off the ground! This is in the kitchen at my grandmother's house. I always used to do this in the mirror as a kid, kicking my leg out, making it look as if I was floating. The house will be put up for sale soon, so I thought I'd get one more float in for memory's sake.

IMG_7790
Dan used his Bubbie's recipe when making his latkes. They came out great.

IMG_7768
My classroom is in the basement of this place. It's called 'Emmanuel College' and is right across from the ROM.

IMG_7813
The Fort Crew! See their award winning film here .

There's a lot more great stuff on the way, so stick around. Photos! Videos! Articles! Rants!

Bookmark Shul of Rock and add it to your favourites. It's good for you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you!

How dare you make it sound as if I ditched you guys on Boxing Day! Tsk tsk.

Hehe, I know you were joking, and it really does make me feel like Joey and I are missed, so thanks.

There are some really nice/interesting pics in this bunch.

Sorry to hear your grandmother's house is being sold (if you're sad about it that is). No reason to waste feelings on something you don't actually have bad feelings about.

Hope everybody's doing well back home.

5:51 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Yes, you were missed!

The sales were nothing to write home about (or to Israel). I think Ben-Zi likes his new sweater though. Most people bought nothing.

Yeah, I'm a little sad about the house being sold, and it really feels like a chapter of my youth is coming to a close.

Speaking of chapters closing, did you ehar that the Chapters at Yonge and Bloor (Good Memories reference!) has been shut down? It's a Winners now. Whoopety doo. Exciting, I know.

I hope you are happy and healthy in your Shraga digs. I know you probably don't have the Artscroll Stone Chumash on hand (Artscroll in Israel? Never!), but if you do, flip to pg. 402 and read the English commentary - there is a really funny/random analogy about a midget that seems to come out of nowhere!

10:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're talking about Stone Edition I'll look it up the first chance I get. If not, let me know what edition you are talking about and I'll see if I can get my hands on it.

Oh, and speaking of Artscroll in Israel, I guess you didn't know that they have the Talmud with translation into Hebrew.

1:23 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Yeah, check out the commentary on pg. 402 of the Stone Edition Artscroll Chumash.

9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved