Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The F Word



That's right ladies and gents, it is time for Hillel of Greater Toronto's first annual formal. According to About.com, formal attire is defined as this: "Formal usually means the same as Black Tie, but in some trendier cities like New York or Los Angeles, it could mean a black shirt, no tie with a tux. Women wear cocktail, long dresses or dressy evening separates."
In that case, what is the accepted definition of 'black tie'? The site defines it as such: "Black Tie means formal. Men wear tuxedos, women wear cocktail, long dresses or dressy evening separates."
I'm not planning on renting a tux... I think a black tie and white shirt on a black suit should do the trick. As for a vest.... well, maybe next time.

Wanna come to the event? Don't worry if you don't have a date - it will likely be a great place to meet adventurous members of the opposite sex (or should I be saying 'desired sex'? How politically correct!) that are on the prowl. And if you do have a date? Well, then you better start mentally preparing yourself now for the inevitable moment when Noam grabs her for a waltz and you are left on the sideline with nothing but an overly sweet Shirley Temple.




10 Comments:

Blogger Avi said...

Relax Gnome, you know I (heart) ya.

1:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avi! How did you know! Brilliant! I am such a girlfriend stealer... You have nothing to worry about though, Ash will keep me away from anyone else, worst case scenario is I steal Soph for one dance... and then she accidentally kneed me in the crotch again.

5:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! That was one time..and it was swing dancing. I'm an awesome slow dancer. and baby (avi) the only person I want to waltz with is you. Thats right. You heard me. So, you can leave your kleenex at home. And don't forget your dancing shoes. :)
love ya for actually coming to this event. YOu won't regret it.

6:34 am  
Blogger Avi said...

You two are so silly - I was obviously just teasing.

I'm looking forward to strutting around all swank-like. As for the dancing, well, I'm up for some slow grooves, but when the really bouncy clubby shit comes on, I'm heading to the bar.

6:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy,

Really, what can I say other than that.

Oh, I know. Hehe, Noam got kneed. Never actually knew about that one. Rock on Soph.

Avi. I sympathise for you in advance, (not about having to dance with Soph) but about the club stuff.

Much luck to all.

7:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

avi...what if i let you bring your glow stick?? huh?? will that make you happy?
and thanks snoops..kneeing noam was the best thing thats happened to me so far. It was totally on purpose too. He totally deserved it...for doing absolutely nothing. I totally rock!
p.s. joking noam. love you!

10:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, soph, and just think, only a few months later did coby through you off a porch and busted you knee.... hmm, i think that's called divine retribution ;)

11:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

noham...you're a bastard. Just so you know, I still have a bruise there. and it is completely ugly and ruins my beautiful knee.
and its spelled threw, not through. english doofus!

12:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait,

Who busted their knee? Coby threw who off a porch?

What?

10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lets just say on a certain camp george retreat where there was not much snow. coby decided it would be funny to throw me off a porch...i completely busted me knee and was crippled for the entire weekend.
Avi helped me walk up and down that hill numerous times....it was painful, and bloody!!

3:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved