Monday, March 27, 2006

A Weird Start to My Day / Moe's Shindig


(Dr. Love blesses Moshe before he begins his journey. Click to enlarge)

OK, now I know this day is going to be weird. I was popping out of the St. George Subway at 11 AM today, ready to strut towards my literature class (Fiction 1900-1960), when some random guy comes up to me and says "You've got a sense of humour, huh?" I ignored him and kept walking. Then he called after me.

"You've got to. You're Jewish."

Weird, I know. In hindsight (20/20!), I should have turned and said, "I need a sense of humour to deal with schmucks like you!". Oh well.

I'm sitting in my class right now, letting the Faulkner lecture wash over me. I don't think it's on the exam.

Segue, segue, segue.

Moe's goodbye shindig was awesome last night. We all sang "Sayonara to you" around a cake, ate some great sushi (store-bought, and Tamara-made), and watched the new Shul of Rock epic, Great Moe-ments. It is unofficially known as Good Memories 2.5, since it comes between 2 and the upcoming 3, and fits the format quite nicely. We also watched both Good Memories flicks, as well as some other fun clips of past mayhem. (For those that have yet to see the Good Memories flicks, they will be posted here when the third film in the trilogy is released.)

It was really great seeing everyone that was there, and I'm really glad we got to contribute to Moe's big send-off. I have been informed that he will be taking a camera to Japan that has a video feature. Expect some international video collaborations in the near future.

Have an amazing time in Japan (and briefly Israel), Moe! I'll see you in '07.

Website of the day: Funky Frum - Clothing that is tznius, without sacrificing style.

2 Comments:

Blogger tamwinegust said...

I hate Faulkener and that was no segue to be proud of. Are you sugessting that Moe is boring or "gasp" Faulkener is off to Japan? Now THAT would be a segue

4:04 am  
Blogger Avi said...

I was parodying those newspaper gossip columnists that do the whole 'triple segue' segue.

I hate Faulkner too. I mean, I'm sure he was an OK guy and all, but I can't stand his writing. Graham Greene on the other hand...

5:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved