Monday, July 17, 2006

On schedule

Here's what I came up with for the 2006 academic year. It ain't pretty, but it's my schedule. I'm happy that for the first time ever, I will have a day off. Below are the 'Fall' and 'Winter' timetables, followed by a list of the actual courses I am taking (including my commentary on them). It is a somewhat eclectic mix, although it is dominated by English lit. Enjoy.

Fall, Winter.


(REMOVED DUE TO SECURITY CONCERNS)

(REMOVED DUE TO SECURITY CONCERNS)

My courses:

  • Contemporary Literary Theory and Criticism (It's good to know.)
  • American Popular Film Since 1970 (This completes my cinema minor. Should be fun... and very challenging. Plus I like watching Star Wars for university credit.)
  • Contemporary British Fiction (I needed to balance out my schedule, and this course did the trick - although it will make my Mondays VERY long.)
  • Hungary, 1956-2006: The Past 50 years (I like the prof, and I find the material interesting. I would like to visit Hungary in the near future. Who's coming with me?)
  • Swift, Pope, and his Circle (I needed something from this time period in order to have more variety.)
  • Studies in Pre-1800: Fielding (The only seminar class I could squeeze into. I look forward to sitting in a class of less than 20 people as we tear into some Tom Jones [the book, not the singer]. I would have preferred the Jane Austen seminar, but the wait list is longer than most of her books.)

All you enrolled students chime in with your schedules!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just to let you know...people could totally stalk you on this thing. Your classes are listed, what times, what buildings....its a perfect timetable for a stalker. Glad to see you are so open about your life.

9:49 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

I thought about that - but if someone really wanted to stalk me, they could just look up my name, get my number and address, and go hog wild. If I find myself being tailed by a stalker, I know how to defend myself.
Plus the course codes only really make sense if you are a UofT student.

Thanks for the concern though! And Barry (it is you, isn't it?), you can leave your name by choosing 'Other' instead of 'Anonymous' when commenting!

12:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but i am a U of T student so I understand the course codes....so therefore I can stalk you. And I thought about leaving my name, but that takes the whole fun out of being mysterious. Or takes the fun out of being a stalker. You are totally wondering who I am. And who is this Barry you speak of? I'd like to get to know him...he seems like a fun guy.

2:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Plus the course codes only really make sense if you are a UofT student. "

Uh yeah, you basically spelled out what each course code stands for

5:08 am  
Blogger Avi said...

I meant the location codes, Sarah.

7:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sid Smith
Innis
Teefy

And I'm not a U of T student

8:56 am  
Blogger Avi said...

You win, Sarah. That's right internet, I'm fully stalkable!

A message to all potential stalkers:

Hi. My name is Avi. Now that you know where to find me, you will be able to stalk me at your leisure. There are some things to be aware of before you get started.

First of all, I make very boring prey. When I'm not in class or at Hillel, you will find me typing essays, surfing the net, reading comics, and wandering around downtown.

If I find that you are stalking me, I will do what Tenacious D did in their classic tv episode, "Lee" - I will turn the tables and stalk you instead. I will follow you everywhere, and make your life miserable with my undivided attention.

Now, if you are a violent stalker with the intention of causing me physical harm, I will be even more menacing. I wield a razor sharp gel pen, and I know how to use it. Beyond the pen, my favourite finishing move is to go for your --- well, I'm going to keep that one a secret so you don't expect it.

If you are a nymphomanic stalker, and seek me out, be advised that Sophia will slay you before I get the opportunity to do so.

Should you be a psychological stalker, and you intend to play mind games with me, be advised that my mind is already really warped, and I'll just wind up turning things around, leaving you mentally undone and diminished.

You have been warned.

7:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right Avi, don't fight the stalkers, embrace them! Who knows? They might even turn out to be decent people. But, yes, eclectic was a good choice of words, you're all over the board man...

5:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, the end of that Lee song ended in a rather gruesome manner. Or do you not recall?

1:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm referring to the episode, not the actual song.

You're right Moe, stalkers can be really nice folk. You've just gotta know how to handle them when they get a little overly homicidal.

Or hungry.

4:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved