Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Shul Bulletin vol. 4



I just realized that it has been over a month since the last installment of the bulletin. Here's the latest issue, hot off the press:
  • The Shul is now 13 hits away from striking the 10,000 hit mark!
  • Israeli troops have entered Gaza. It is an attempt to retrieve a kidnapped Israeli soldier, 19-year-old Cpl. Gilad Shalit.
  • In my previous post, I made it sound as if I discovered Paskez marshmallows on my own - it was actually Sophia who handed me the bag. It was at Ben-Zi's charity BBQ.
  • Joey is scheduled to return to Canada in less than a week.
  • I visited a home today while doing census enumeration work. A young woman answered the door, with a python wriggling around her neck. I acted as if it were the most normal thing in the world, and I helped her complete the questionairre.
  • Mr. T is currently running through the woods of Berkshire, NY. Only 40 minutes away from Ithaca!
  • The summer course I want to get into filled up. I'm going to attend it anyhow, and hope someone drops. If no-one drops it, I'll have to get my half-course credit by taking a class this year called "Post-war Polish Cinema". That will go great with the Hungarian Cinema course I did last year. I'm so weird.
  • You can get Hershey's Max 5 bars at 99 Cent World on Steeles for 65 cents.
  • Debra just updated her blog with a lot of pictures. See them here.
  • I finally succeeded in getting my sister addicted to Married with Children. Goodness, I love that show.
  • According to a Macleans article, 1 out of 5 PhD students actually become professors.
  • Superman returns tommorow.
  • Playboy has reportedly offered Ashlee Simpson $4 Million (US) to pose nude in the magazine.
  • The new season of House starts on September 5th - that one is for you, Soph.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

technically its not running but more of a fast walk! Speaking of running I should run to my kids now because if I don't who will?

p.s.

Does anyone leave comments anymore?

7:19 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Mr. T! It's so good to hear from you! Is this your first comment ever?
Yes, sadly more people choose to read instead of joining in on the fun.

When is Camper Love checking in?

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff man.

We can only hope Israel continues to kick ass. On an interesting, and sad, note, they found the body of a Jewish settler in Gaza.

Oh, from the look of it, I won't be heading to NY till August. We still don't have the place booked yet, so it's pretty obvious that it's not happening yet.

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In honour of your census work, a letter from the Toronto Sun (Was this one of yours?):

"Census is senseless

My family and I were enjoying a Saturday morning at home when we got an uninvited guest knocking at our door. We were not expecting anyone and we were trying to have a quality time together. So, we did not pay attention and thought that perhaps it was someone selling something or Jehovah's Witnesses trying to win converts. The person at the door continued knocking. Our unexpected guest was from Census Canada, who reminded us to fill out the questionnaire that was due May 16. The visitor was nice and friendly, but we got the impression it was not a reminder but a warning -- fill out the forms or else. With all due respect to our government, I believe this census is nothing but a waste of our taxes and resources. It will not help resolve anything. It is a waste of resources that should be used in different ways to help build our country and help those who need a helping hand. The government should not intrude and invade people's privacy by forcing them to complete such meaningless forms.

Abubakar N. Kasim

Toronto

(Too bad, it's the law -- and it's not an invasion of privacy. Governments have been doing a census of some sort since Biblical times)"

http://www.torontosun.com/Comment/Letters/2006/07/01/1664073.html

4:23 am  
Blogger Avi said...

It's only an invasion of privacy if you have something to hide. :D

Thanks for showing me that, Jeff.

Yes, census workers are a little annoying, but they only need a few minutes of time, and they only come by once every five years. They aren't THAT bad.

9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved