Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Marshmallows! Music!

avi_marshmallow
Avi pigs out on marshamallows earlier today

I'm a big marshmallow fan. I adore the damn things. The only problem is, being a kashruth observant fellow, I find it very hard to find quality product. The key to making marshamallows soft is in the gelatin, and unlike non-kosher mallow which carries pig gelatin, the kosher stuff can only contain fish gelatin.

Then I discovered that fish gelatin need not be an obstruction on the path to mallowy goodness. You just need to find a bag that was made right! I found Paskez. The Paskez brand is world famous for selling overpriced kosher junk food, and usually their product is barely edible, let alone any good - but their marshmallows are delish! A little powdery (see picture above), but very yummy. Beat that, MarshMan brand!

Speaking of treats, I order you to watch this video from the Canadian band Stars. It's a really catchy tune, and I like the way it goes from chorus #1 being the male vocalist, to chorus #2 being the female vocalist, to chorus #3 being a duet. The violins and guitar mesh well, and it's the kind of song that just stays with you for a while after you hear it.
WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved