Friday, August 18, 2006

A Letter from the Road

DSC00695
I spotted this farm from a parking lot today.

A letter to you:

I’m currently tucked into a little town that straddles the ‘borders’ of Pennsylvania and New York. It feels nice to be close to Mr. T, even though I can’t see him.

I spent a leisurely afternoon by the outdoor pool – writing a review for a manga book a publisher was kind enough to send me. Shopping for food at the Super Wal-Mart was a nice little experience too. There are so many more products with hechshers here than in Canada.

The air is so much sweeter here. Possums, bears, and elk are plentiful and I’m situated at the foot of a forested hill. There is a health warning, so I can’t swim in the lake, but it is still nice to look at.

I have an ever-growing backlog of photos/videos to share with you. The photos from St. Agathe are lush. My photos from my Meiji University Family Day are terrific. I spent an incredible eleven and a half hours with two Japanese economics students that are currently studying English at York over the summer. We went all over downtown Toronto, from U of T to the harbour of Lake Ontario. I got to see the city through new eyes, and they got to witness it through mine.

I hope you enjoy the remainder of your summer.

- Avi


DSC00698
Which one is the cardboard cut-out?

3 Comments:

Blogger Avi said...

This blog just exceeded 12 000 hits. I'm lovin' it.

7:21 am  
Blogger Avi said...

Hi everyone. I'm in Georgia. I can't talk long. I hope all is well with you. Stay cool.

3:02 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

I'm back.

9:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved