Tuesday, August 15, 2006

This Year's Shirt


Alright gang, here it is - a world premiere. This year's U of T Hillel t-shirt. I designed it using good ol' Photoshop, just like last year. While this is the design that the board approved, there were many other possible shirts that were rejected. I've included some of the cooler ones below. Please note that the colours were not final - it was just the designs that I was showing off.

Oh, and this year's shirt will be double sided. The back will look like this:


Now on with the rejected shirt parade!

This little ditty was my top fave, but I've since decided that I really like the dove. The word 'cooper' is the name of the font I used.


The gothic 'h' in the spiky circle is just so bad-ass! Perfect for the skate park.


This isn't your bubbie's Hillel!


You are getting sleepy... Very sleepy.

There were a bunch of other designs, but Blogger is getting a little screwy so I'm going to cut this post short. The other shirts are now doomed to obscurity. They will now disappear into the AviVault, never to be seen again.

Oh, and if you ever want to hire me to design a shirt for you, contact me at the address towards the bottom of this page.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some pretty nice designs there. Good stuff. I'd have definitely gotten any of those designs. I especially like the one with just the H.

5:31 pm  
Blogger tamwinegust said...

There's always next year...

You could also have the "Hillel: we've got (matzoh) balls" or whatever varaiaton you feel like making.

7:21 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Thanks Snoopy!

That sounds like a good bumpersticker, T.

Or underwear.

9:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toronto in Hebrew letters? How creative... :-p

;-)

2:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, jeff, there were shirts from uoft hillel with toronto written in hebrew long before york came up with them. how do i know? I own one. Eat it.

11:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Some of the older York Hillel folks (like in school at least 5 years before you left high school) said the bookstore at York was selling Hebrew York shirts back in their day... Cram it.

1:18 am  
Blogger Avi said...

York was founded in 1959 - I'm pretty sure I've heard about Bnai Brith Hillel at U of T having Hebrew shirts in the 70s.

That tidbit aside, many schools have made Hebrew shirts in the past. York is definitely not the first.

Boo yah.

9:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course they weren't. I remember consulting a friend at Northwestern about whether we should have the dot over the vav or not. I scoured the net looking for other schools' Hebrew t-shirts to show mock-ups to people. Heck, Michigan has a whole line of clothes with their Hebrew name.

Woohoo!

9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the point is, UoT has been aroun since the 1800's, long before the baby boom that coused York U to be built after WWII. Jews have had t-shirts with hebrew letters saying toronto on them since before my Zaida Al was a baby. Stuff it.

2:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved