Monday, December 12, 2005

Hillel Arts Retreat 05 - Photo Batch 1

stitch_sophbythelake
Sophia contemplates the nature of her existence as she witnesses a lake turn to ice.

I finally found a lull amongst my exams, tests, and essays in which I may finally post pictures (and video) from the recent Hillel Arts and Culture Retreat you've read so much about. Shul of Rockers (in Toronto) that were sorely missed include Mr. T and Moe. It wasn't the same without you guys! Of course, the S of R missed our other readers as well, plus those guys in B.C. and Israel - you know who you are.

Enjoy the images, and keep coming back for more regular Shul of Rock action. We are the premiere blog for cool pics, video clips, and commentary. With guest bloggers, interesting insights, and a healthy sprinkling of lunacy, we are the ultimate destination on the worldwide web... Other than that cool Coldplay fan site your hip uncle made before leaving for Calcutta with his ex-wife's best friend's daughter. Louie, you are an asshole, and you know it. Enjoy the Retreat media, ya'll!


IMG_7717
The drum circle / acapella session was a lot of fun. I wonder what Rachel and Shayna are whispering about?

IMG_7725
Ashley is warming up her thumb.

IMG_7682
What's Coby so smiley about?

IMG_7708
Dan looks pretty happy considering that there is hot wax dripping all over his fingers.

IMG_7748
Who has the nicer scarf?

IMG_7742
These alcohol fuelled students are walking through some abandoned woods... Haven't I seen this movie before? A guy with a hook shows up and... Yeah, I rented this one once.

IMG_7729
Some random model was seen strutting through the woods. This can happen sometimes.

IMG_7753
This is a pee stain that was found on the bottom of the bunk over Noam's bed. It looks like the map of Canada!!! Noam woke up to it every morning. Whoever wet their bed must be really patriotic (or they drank too much Molson).

The rest of the pics are getting posted tommorow, along with links to video downloads. Couldn't make it to our acapella/ drum circle? You'll get the next best thing when you see a video clip of it!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Hi All, Noam here. I've been a reader of ShulOfRock since it's creation, and only recently did I figure out how to comment. So, Just to let all who care know, Avi and I organized this retreat, with Dan helping us from behind the scenes. Man, I'm pround to say by buddy and I pulled off a very successful retreat...and it was very successful in more ways than one ;)

12:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh noam...should I even bother commenting to your post? ...I think not. :)

2:53 am  
Blogger Avi said...

Hi Noam. I covered the thank yous in this earlier post: http://shulofrock.blogspot.com/2005/11/arts-and-culture-retreat.html ,

but I'm happy to do an encore. Thank you to Dan and my co-chair Noam for making this the best retreat ever. Also, a huge shoutout to the rest of the Arts and Culture committee (U of T) for all their hard work, and a big hug to all those wonderful folks that work at Camp George. The cookie dough was wonderful.

2:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah memories...

Or memories of the retreat I was on at the beginning of this year. Ah well.

Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Who were the guys playing the bongos?

1:24 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Bongos were played by lots of people, including Avi Shack, myself, and Ronen - plus many more.

We missed you on the retreat. I especially missed you when we were doing cookie making. I blathered on and on about our amazing ying-yang cookie, but no-one seemed to really care. Hmmph.

12:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's still in my online gallery. It's in the random photos section.

Don't really plan on taking any of those down any time soon.

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved