Friday, April 21, 2006

Wed, Will Smith, and Weirdos


For those of you that missed out on Wednesday's park adventure, I'm happy to fill you in on what went down. At 3:20, I showed up at the park, and I sat for 20 minutes wondering whether I should check on Noam's house, or just trudge back home. Just when I was about to exit the park, Noam, Barry, Ben-Zi, Coby, Benji, and Dima showed up. They brought balls and a frisbee, and we spent a few hours throwing everything around, as well as just chillin' in a hippy-like circle on the grass. Zev showed up for 8 minutes before disappearing. It was a fun day.

Speaking of fun days, wouldn't it be crazy if you were at the Western Wall in Jerusalem when a Hollywood celebrity showed up? The last big shot to pop up at the Kotel was Natalie Portman, when shooting a controversial scene for the new Amos Gitai movie. This time, it was none other than Will Smith!
Jerusalem Post says "Will Smith, visited the Western Wall in Jerusalem's old city on Thursday. Smith and his wife, actress Jada Pinkett, were accompanied by Western Wall Rabbi Shmuel Rabinovich. While at the holy site, Smith placed a note in the wall".

While we're on the topic of old customs, I just wanted to mention that a non-Jewish friend of my father asked me tonight why no-one had answered the phone lately. "It was the last two days of Passover", I responded.

"Oh. Did you wipe blood onto your doorpost?"

Without skipping a beat, I said "Nope. We stopped doing that thousands of years ago. Now we eat matzah balls".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont we all just love when ppl have fun in the park together....playing frizbee, fun!
wish i'd've known

10:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what the invitation was for, hmm.

Hehe, ah well. Wish I could've been there man. Pretty interesting, and strangely pointless, about the Will Smith thing (not that you posted, but that he's here). I don't get why he's visiting, but it's nice that he's contributing to the economy.

By the way, what happened to the word verification?

1:41 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Anonymous, sorry you missed the open invitation that was posted here.

Snoopy, I removed verification to see how long I can go before I get spammed by a bot again. So far so good.

5:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved