Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Election time at Hillel @ U of T

Noam (right) and I are running for next year's Hillel board. We make democracy look good.

Hello dear readers. I wish to inform all those enrolled at the University of Toronto that Noam Gilboord is running for the position of President at the campus Hillel. He is an excellent choice for President and he has the full endorsement of Shul of Rock.
Another Shul of Rock regular that will be running in the UofT Hillel election is... wait for it... ME! Yes, you read that correctly. After an incredibly invigorating year as Noam's co-chair of Arts and Culture, I triumphantly return to make my mark as the nominee for VP of Arts and Culture.
Below, I have included statements from Noam and I, but before you glance them over, take a look at some of the great programming we've had a hand in over the last year. Some links for your perusal:
Remember - On April 4-6th, vote Noam for President and Avi for Arts. You know you want to.
Statements
Noam Gilboord:
I'll never forget my first time at Hillel at UofT. I walked into that old basement in UC after nearly hitting my head on several pipes, was overjoyed to see familiar faces, and shouted out, "Mishpacha!" Hillel has been my home on campus for three years. During my first years, as I participated in many of Hillel's weekly events, I made many wonderful friends, and grew close with Hillel's "family." One of my most memorable experiences with Hillel was joining the Tzedek Hillel mission to Israel in 2004, where I and several other students from Toronto's universities grew sensitive to Israel's social diversity. I was fortunate in my second year to attend the annual Arts & Culture retreat, where I was introduced to Jewish art and creativity. This experience was the reason I was elected to join the Hillel board as the Co-Chair of Arts and Culture. As a successful committee head, my co-chair and I were the first board members to provide frosh week programming. We began our year by assisting in the organization of the very successful Camp Hillel retreat. We assembled a dedicated group of students who put together the annual A&C retreat, actively participated in Israel-Fest programming, as well as year-round creative activities. As a member of the Hillel Arts Advisory Board, I encouraged the production of the annual Hillel Art Show. Now I wish to lead this organization as President. Through this position I intend to strengthen communication between board members to effectively provide all sorts of wonderful programming to UofT's Jewish student community. I also hope to attract more students to the Wolfond Center, and create a positive social atmosphere for Jewish students on campus.
Avi Weinryb:
If re-elected, I pledge to continue the tradition of excellent Hillel Arts & Culture programming on campus. I have a great rapport with both Hillel students and staff, as well as strong connections with the general arts community. Make your vote count. VOTE AVI!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh braces, thank god i got those off!

7:58 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

You know, they're not very noticeable in that pic.

8:21 pm  
Blogger tamwinegust said...

how old is that photograph anyway?

6:14 am  
Blogger Avi said...

It's from fall 2005 (about half a year old)

7:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved