Friday, April 07, 2006

Election Results

As reported at the always awesome haagen dasz for breakfast, Noam has been elected President at Hillel @ U of T, and I have been acclaimed to the position of Vice President of Arts and Culture. I would like to wish a hearty congratulations to all the other winners - whose names are viewable at the link above. I am so excited to be working with all of you this coming year. I'm envisioning an amazing year full of challenges and triumphs.

I also wish to congratulate the other candidates. You made an incredible effort, and I look forward to volunteering alongside of you at Hillel on various projects and programs.

There was a trickle of controversy on the last day of the elections thanks to a poison-pen letter sent out by an overzealous Betar-Tagar campus leader. It vilified Mr. Steven Kraft and shocked everyone. Thankfully, the letter's author had the good-sense to issue a retraction, and any electoral repercussions were minimal if not non-existent.

I strongly believe that this will be a great year. Noam comes to Hillel with a huge sense of responsibility and vision, and the VPs serving alongside him are no different.

Noam, it was a pleasure being your Arts and Culture co-chair this year. Now it's time for us to kick things up a notch. I can't wait.

Election Day Pictures Coming Soon! (I have 3 final exams this week. Cut me some slack!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats gents! That is some mighty fine news.

3:20 am  
Blogger Avi said...

Thanks! It's cool to see you writing in from Tokyo - when I look at the hit stats for this site and I spot the Japanese flag under the 'countries' section, I smile.

4:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved