Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Shul Bulletin vol. 3

GI Joey received his beret in an elaborate ceremony. (A Snoopy Photo)
Welcome to another issue of the S of R Bulletin. It's lightning round time. Get your buzzer ready:
  • Just about all exams have been written, and summer is finally truly beginning for us. There is a lot to look forward to, like job hunting, nagging parents, more job hunting, and getting sunburns.
  • Moe tried calling from Japan to wish me a Happy Birthday (I'm 21), but I wasn't home. Sorry Moe-San!
  • Snoopy is (reluctantly) returning home next month from his year of study in Israel. He will be heading over to NYC to lay down some tracks in the studio for the debut album from Green Citron. I volunteer my services for directing the music video. Snoopy sits on an Israeli boulder in the image below.

  • this is an audio post - click to play Another round of Shul of Rock Radio has arrived. Crank your speakers and give it a listen.
  • The Shul of Rock has been listed in the world's first comic book community search engine. Click here to see it. Fanboys around the world were rabid with excitement when Sophia met Kevin Smith and kindly offered me the autograph he gave her. Over the days that followed, nearly 3000 individuals came to S of R to read about it. Thanks to Smith's NewsAskew for originally linking it up.
  • I am addicted to Neopolitan ice cream sandwiches. Mmm - so good.
  • The amount of visitors, and returning visitors to Shul of Rock is skyrocketing! This is in part because of the wacky exclusive content on YouTube, but also because of word of mouth, random people stumbling in, generous links, and our healthy Google ranking. Thanks to Mr. T for taking part in the last vid. It was a jolly good time.

Watch how our digits have climbed! (click to enlarge):

  • The President of Iran is an idiot. A dangerous idiot.
  • This is what I would look like if I were on South Park:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you do that? and make me into a south park character!!! ppppllleeasssee
p.s. how was LOTR? thanks for calling me. :) i'll see you tomorrow (which is technically today).
i really need to go to sleep now. NIGHT!

8:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool stuff man.

Just a couple of notes.

First, we're just doing the demo CD, not our debut album. Thanks for the music vid offer by the way.

Second, I may be doing a little more than just recording the demo tracks in NYC. Thinking of trying to get some work there for the Sept. to Jan. time, when I can't sign up for programs yet.

Maybe a pro photographer will take me on as an apprenctice.

3:12 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

I've been away from NYC for way too long. Maybe I'll come by and visit you.

An apprenticeship in New York? That sounds awesome! Good luck.

9:23 am  
Blogger tamwinegust said...

When was the picture of Joey taken? It looks like it was at Latrun and my sister was there lest week for Yom Ha'Atzmaut

5:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, I admit it!

Hehe. Seriously though, nice one. Latrun is right. But it was in Feb.

8:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved