Monday, May 08, 2006

From the Vault: Virginia

DSCF0104
My great great great great grandfather Moses Jefferson Washington Weinryb poses with his sister, Ellie-May Weinryb. This was on display at the Civil War museum.

I'm starting up a new feature at the Shul of Rock. It's called "From the Vault". Every now and then it will pop up, displaying interesting elements from the past that I never got around to blogging for reasons I will likely never be able to explain. They are all of some interest, and it will mainly be comprised of cool photos, ancient text, and vintage vids. Want to see hilarious e-mails Moe sent me way back in 1999? How about the unseen footage of G.I. Joey singing 'Yerushalayim shel Zahav' from a hotel balcony? Perhaps you are itching to see nude photos of Gnome? Alright, one out of those three are not real. Which one, you may ask? Well, you'll have to keep coming back to find out.

Read the captions to these pics, and enjoy the past - in the present, which is really the future from when you finish reading this. Got it? Feh - Don't worry 'bout it.

Todays theme: Virginia!


More pics from Virginia can be found here, and here.

DSCF0127
Even the highways are smiley in Virginia!

DSCF0014
This is a shot of me enrolling in my courses for university. I had to do this on a vacation, in a Kinkos, really early in the morning. I didn't even get the class I wanted.

DSCF0053
Avi calls Sophia from Virginia. "Will you accept a collect call from IT'S AVI. PICK UP"? Nah, I used a calling card.

more-pillars
Pillars at the U of V. Aha- I was testing you! This shot is from a previous post. I just wanted to see if you were paying attention.

6 Comments:

Blogger tamwinegust said...

awesome picture. The facial hair makes it really convincing. I'd have to say the false vid is the one of Joey singing...I hear he doesn't sing, so mauch as say the words and not stay on key....which leads me to ask, which one is Gnome and WHY?

11:29 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Gnome/Noam is a saucy fellow, but due to the far-reaching arm of the 'Presidential Committee of Media Censorship', nude photos will not be online until his tenure ends in May 07.

5:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank goodness for that!!!

p.s. thanks for calling me last summer! :)

6:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of photos, I made a photo blog post on my journal. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to post all of them, but it gives a good retrospective of what I've been up to this year.

1:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes... The registering for courses from another part of the world! I once registered for my courses at Durham College from Ma'ale Hachamisha Kibbutz Hotel outside Jerusalem. The cyber-kiosk wasn't very good, so I could only add courses and not drop any... Very strange. My Birthright trip got so much better after I settled all that... Too bad it was near the end of the trip!

Ahh censorship... Such a beautiful thing. By next Sunday though, I could have plenty of pictures of him in his boxers, as he has warned me accordingly!

And I'm going out on a limb here: Moe wasn't on the internet until 2002 and therefore there is no way he could've sent you any emails in 1999! ;-)

11:56 am  
Blogger Avi said...

At least he warned you!

So which is the fake? Moe's ancient e-mails or Joey singing on a balcony? The answer is coming very soon... Like tonight soon.

9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved