Monday, April 24, 2006

Shul Bulletin vol. 2



  • Remember my post from September 5th, 2005? Of course you do! Well, the infamous hobo I originally chronicled has resurfaced after the winter thaw. I spotted him in Queen's Park recently, and what you see above is him enjoying the April sun. Where will he show up next?
  • Today, at the Bloor Cinema, I was blown away by the quality of the films screened at The Jewish Splice, a 3 hour session of short films by Jewish students. My favourite short shorts ("Who wears short shorts?") were courtesy of Tamara Winegust, and my favourite long form short film was directed by none other than Daniel Eskin. It is called The Salt Pillar. The script for the film was awarded the Manitoba Emerging Filmmaker Award. That consisted of $20,000 (CDN) which helped get the film produced. Congrats to Dan Abramson and Tamara for helping put together such a great event.
  • Eskin's buddy Moe has posted his third blog entry from Japan. New pics too.
  • Ben-Zi's birthday party sleepover was a lot of fun. There were a slew of people present, and in between gorging on junk food and watching Ghostbusters, we made a fire in the backyard, and saw a magic show.
  • Want to see the latest video from former Blink 182 member Tom Delonge's new band, Angels and Airwaves? Well, it just so happens that my sister's blog has put it into rotation. Click here to witness "The Adventure". It's a blog worth exploring.

3 Comments:

Blogger tamwinegust said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:03 am  
Blogger tamwinegust said...

Congrats! I think you've just been spammed by a bot again. Time to turn verificatin back on.

Kudos!

(And is Eskin blondish with curly hair? I think he came up to me yesterday and congradulated me, but i wasn't too sure who he was. *slightly embarrassed*)

5:08 am  
Blogger Avi said...

Nope, that was probably Jacon Stein. Eskin had black hair and a moustache/beard.

Yes, it appears a return to auto-verification is imminent.

5:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved