Sunday, July 23, 2006

Video - World Cup Mania: Avi & Joey in Little Italy

I wish to present a quick paced journey through Toronto's Little Italy on the night of the 2006 World Cup victory. It includes comedy, interviews, and great music. Special thanks to my co-star, Joey, for being such a supporter of my video work.

This is the first film to be shot on my new camera. Videos, including this one, will feature 30 frames per second (compared to the previous 15), and they are now at double the resolution. The result is a better picture, and more fluid motion. It is now true digital video. The only thing I want to apologize about is the occasional lack of light in some of the scenes. It was a night-shoot, and we did not have any extra light sources. I feel it came out just fine.

Enjoy the video I like to call my proudest yet (Other than the personal GM1). It is also the most 'commercial' of all the S of R vids. By that, I mean it is the most palatable towards public tastes. As Snoopy described it after watching a rough cut of the first two minutes, this 'could easily be seen on a TV news comedy show'. I'll let you make your own judgement. You always do.

Turn on your speakers and have fun:


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not too shabby, could've been better. Definately get a light source, nothing big but something.

6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff man. The music choice was very interesting. Got to carry around a mini light kit or something when you go out at night.

And I thought Soph's sister was Joey's dream woman.

7:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you bastard. How could you do that to my sister?
p.s. my mom just asked me when your flying adn realized you could be going at the same time. She got mucho excited and said that is fabulous and you guys should meet.

9:17 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

I can't really carry around a light source when doing night interviews because it will make the subject feel 'put on the spot' and they will likely freeze up. I'll experiment with a soft flashlight, but I usually shoot with daylight, so it isn't a big deal to me.

Visitors to this site should be reminded that I am a blogger that makes videos, not a filmmaker that publishes a blog. This was a spur of the moment, Zero-budget video blog diary entry. Star Wars it ain't.

Glad you liked it.

10:20 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

OK, who is from Stamford, Conneticut?

3:15 am  
Blogger tamwinegust said...

curious: why do you ask?
And Joey will be happy to know (though soph might be dismayed and eli may argue) that the 1000 year rabbinic ban on poligamy has run out. You've got the Green, Joey!

9:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, funny.

Weird, but funny. That would be kind of weird. Who would put a timed ban on something like that?

4:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Italy can think what they want. We all know that the world cup was won by England.

DBM

3:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WWE headquarters is in Stamford, CT. We drove by it on the highway from Boston to NYC. (My passengers were all sleeping, and I had to turn my head all the way around to see it... So at least they couldn't yell at me for that incident of taking my eyes off the road! As for the photography I was doing while driving... Teeheehee...)

9:17 am  
Blogger Avi said...

I asked about Stamford because I see that some anonymous person from there has been a longtime reader of this blog, and I want to say hi. "HI Stamford person!"

8:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved