Thursday, July 27, 2006

Shul Bulletin vol. 5, Photo Edition

DSC00309
Joey holds some pizza in Little Italy.

Well, Joey's on a plane to Israel. He's in good company, as Sophia's sister, Claire, is on the same flight.

It was bloody fantastic having Joey back in town for three weeks. He got to see his family and friends, and we got to see him too. Now he's on his way to commander school, and he is mentally (and physically) preparing himself for what lies ahead.

Before we parted ways last night, Joey and his friends did a lot of 'hanging out' and catching up. I've included a small sampling of pictures to give you an idea of what went down. As I write this, I believe Joey is still in Canadian airspace. We miss you already. Give Moe our hugs, and be safe.

Enjoy the photographs. I know I do.


DSC00431
Joey and Noam at Smokey Joe's Cafe after 'Clerks 2'

DSC00437
Joey, Noam, Coby, and Sophia sit in Sheppard Station

DSC00434
Avi, sideways at Smokey Joe's

DSC00438
Group huddle

DSC00459
Joey looks at Eli's photographs at the Imperial on his last night in T.O.

DSC00440
Avi stares into Noam's dreamy eyes. Don't tell Soph

DSC00461
At the pub, w/ Joey and Eli

DSC00466
Eli and Joey display their transfers on the way home. Karin was rudely cut out of the frame.

DSC00463
Downtown for the last time in a long time. Avi, Joey and Eli pose outside the Elgin Winter Garden Theatre

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome pics. I love them all.
Just a note: they are not actually in the air when you wrote this....well except for now (me writing this note). Their flight was delayed until 7:30 because when they got on the plane, it was realized the engine was not working properly. Apparently though my sister and Joey were talking a bit. I hope they get a long.
I miss my sister....

2:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. i'm speaking to my sister now....they are only leaving at 8:30pm cause the pilots are late.
But she went out for dinner with Joey (date #1..lol) and now Joey is davening. They are having a lovely time apparently and my sister says "he's so nice." and they are sitting together. That makes me happy that they can talk to each other while the plane is delayed.
ok..enough of my rambling.

2:39 am  
Blogger Avi said...

I'll let Noam take a first crack at the onslaught of Joey/Claire jokes that are about to fly.

Take it away, No-Ham.

7:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, I got in te first post after that! *Sticks out tounge*

Seriously though, why make jokes? Come on Soph, you know Joey gets along with people really well. What could possibly be wrong with him hanging out with your sis. *Thinks back to all the stupid things Joey's done in that past*.

Hope the guy's doing alright. And Claire too of course, not that I actually know her, having never met her. Either way. Nice pics. I particularly like the zoom in on the transfer. Were you trying to show the different times on them or something else?

By the way, I was at the Mel Lastman section of the rally last night, quite a few people were there. Some guy was handing out a paper for a blog written by Israelis. It's http://rockofgalilee.blogspot.com. Maybe we can get some kind of connection thing going with them?

10:39 pm  
Blogger Avi said...

Dude! We miss you too.
And always cancel your service when you lose your phone. Same goes for credit cards and small children.

Snoop, I zoomed on the transfer to show the late hour.

Rally photos are coming soon. Like, next week.

12:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You went to the rally? Where were you? Did you make it inside? If that's the case, maybe we can have some shots of the mutltiple venues.

6:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's really quite handsome! lol Israel you say? I'll have to keep my eyes open.

10:06 pm  
Blogger Deb said...

I hate to spam my bro's blog. But, for those of you who go to UofT, My bro's somewhere near Montreal now and I have a question about making my schedule. Can you have two courses next to eachother like bio seminar 12-2 and then english 2-4. Is there time to get from class to class inbetween? B/c I've been making gaps inbetween all my classes, and I don't know if thats necessary... :) please answer if you know :p

10:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so now you don't need a gap, theres naturally a 10 minute gap between the end of one class and the beginning of another so you can get to each class, I hope that helps you out and good luck with course selections. Coby

5:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it's fine to have classes beginning one after the other, no prob whatsoever. Noam

1:57 am  
Blogger Avi said...

Hey guys,

Thanks for helping Debra out while I was away.

Yes Snoopy, I was there and I took a bunch of pics in both the main hall, and the overflow room. I want to get those online ASAP. I just got home tonight, so I'll gwet to work on it very soon.

8:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved