Wednesday, May 26, 2010

FIVE YEARS OF ROCK!


I can't believe it has been five years since I started this site! On May 26th 2005, I followed the advice of Samantha Israel and started blogging. Since that day, I've written full sized articles, lazy quick blurbs, made original video content, and I've posted lots of photography work. My co-founder, Mr. T, provided the fantastic title and the moral support at the beginning, but most importantly, he tapped into his alter ego, Dr. Love, who provided (and will continue to provide) much needed love advice for all those struggling souls out there.

With random articles, kooky videos, and an advice column, the Shul of Rock became a variety show. It has allowed me to create a living, public diary, and it created a place where my friends and I could keep in touch and interact, long before privacy destroying sites like Facebook became popular . Social networking was in its infancy at the time, and existed only in MySpace, so I decided I'd just create my own network in mid-2005, and I have never regretted the decision.

Random visitors and good friends enliven discussion on this site, and I'm proud of how far it has come. At its height, it had hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of visitors per month, but it was never about the numbers.

Thank you to Shul of Rock congregants and guests for being a part of this site over the years. I have every intention to keep on rockin' in the years to come. I hope you'll join me.

Avi

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa Kachadurian said...

Nice meeting you guys at the Airport have a safe trip!!

3:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

___________________________________________________
<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Copyright 2005-2011 - All Rights Reserved